March 14, 2012
What You Should Know About the Appraisal
Boost your Home’s Value:
- Appraisals can be a make or break issue
- More skilled appraisers have been leaving the industry
- In some cases you will be able to request a skilled appraiser but usually it will be strictly 3rd party
- Know your Comps! (Recent home sales in past 6 months, similar location, size, age, additions… start at Zillow)
- Some appraisers will use outdated comps.
- Make sure you know what makes your home different from the comps.
- Point out any home improvements to the appraiser.
- Takes a few weeks to get the appraisal back
- If you are going to try to appeal the appraisal than you better have evidence to back it up!
This is brought to you by Philadelphia Real Estate Blog
To view every Philadelphia Real Estate Listing, including Philadelphia Condos visit www.CenterCityRealEstate.com
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)