Top Reasons to Raise Kids in Philadelphia
Combating the common notion that families must settle down in the suburbs, the writers at “Split That Out” Blog compiled a thorough list of the “Top 50 Reasons to Raise Kids in Philadelphia.” With varying reasons from culture, to food, to cost of living, and transportation, S.T.O. did a really great job highlighting the benefits to an urban upbringing. Therefore, we wanted to share a handful of our favorites with the parents and parents-to-be of Philadelphia.
1. City kids [and parents] get more exercise – “we walk, bike & scoot everywhere.”
2. Free public pools & sprinkler parks.
3. Enough realistic diversity in culture, race & sexual orientation that our children never even question the differences.
5. Arts, history & culture galore [zoos, museums, etc.]6. Amazing restaurants & bars within walking distance.
7. Festivals, fairs & family-friendly events.
8. Less driving.9. Playgrounds.
17. Some of the best art, music & dance education available.
19. Close access to the very best doctors & hospitals.
20. Phenomenal preschools [ex. Moonstone Preschool].
26. Universities mean access to plenty of babysitters.
29. Most of the local activity & entertainment for kids is free!
33. Amazing summer camps for budding young athletes, actors, artists & dancers.
43. Easy access to sports stadiums.
48. A real sense of independence. Things like taking the bus & subway are great life skills to learn early.Read all 50 on Spit That Out‘s Blog: http://www.spitthatoutthebook.com/2013/06/top-reasons-raise-kids-city/
For further info on family-friendly options & activities in the city: http://www.kidsincentercity.com/
This is brought to you by Philadelphia Real Estate Blog
To view every Philadelphia Real Estate Listing, including Philadelphia Condos visit www.CenterCityRealEstate.com