The Bourse Marketplace Announces New Restaurants Coming This Summer!
MRP Realty and CANAdev are excited to announce the addition of Baltimore and D.C.’s best fast-casual eateries to the recently announced line-up of diverse and exciting mix of vendors at The Bourse Marketplace in Philadelphia – set to open in Summer 2018.
Headquartered in Baltimore, CANADev is managing the curation of the retail tenants and is bringing an array of artisanal vendors to The Bourse Marketplace — one of Philadelphia’s most iconic buildings currently undergoing a $50M transformation. Upon opening, The Bourse Marketplace will offer visitors and locals alike 27 high-quality food and beverage purveyors under one roof, in addition to four anchor tenants located in the building’s four corners.
“CANAdev is thrilled to be managing the curation of the marketplace and in helping to restore the glory of The Bourse into the iconic destination that the City of Philadelphia and its visitors to Independence Mall deserve.” Said Michael Morris, Principal, CANAdev. “The Bourse will provide a food and artisan destination that reflects great quality and diversity.” Michael Morris, Principal, CANAdev
The Bourse Marketplace will rival the country’s top food hall destinations such as New York’s Chelsea Market and D.C.’s Union Market. The building’s renovation will include a full restoration to the entrances on both 4th and 5th Streets, creating lively outdoor seating, and a thoughtfully curated mix of vendors and designated common areas with communal seating, establishing The Bourse as a local and regional destination for food, beverage, and unique retail offerings.
The Bourse tenants from the DC Metropolitan Area and Baltimore include:
- *Abunai Poke: Bringing the taste of Hawaii to DC with a selection of poke and various Hawaiian dishes from this quick-service shop. http://www.abunaipoke.com/
- Prescription Chicken: The first brick and mortar location for this acclaimed soup purveyor will offer their signature chicken-based soups, dubbed liquid gold to make you feel better, in addition to Gertie’s homemade Yummy Yogurt Bowls
- *Rebel Taco: A new authentic Mexican taco purveyor from DC-based Social Restaurant Group. Serving up tacos made with the freshest ingredients and spices, and other authentic Mexican fare
- Mi & Yu Noodle Bar: Federal Hill fast-casual spot offering artisanal ramen, udon, pho, steamed bao bun sandwiches and more http://miandyunoodlebar.com/
- Pinch Dumplings: Authentic, hand-pinched Chinese dumplings made in-house daily with organic and local ingredients currently found in DC and Baltimore http://pinchdumplings.com
Newly announced tenants from the Philadelphia region:
- *Menagerie Coffee: a small, locally-owned and operated specialty coffee shop proudly serving artisanal coffee and a variety of small eats seven days a week. A winner of Philadelphia Magazine’s Best Of Philly, Menagerie Coffee has also been featured in Bon Appetit Magazine http://www.menageriecoffee.com
- *Pure Blend Tea: Hailing from West Chester PA, each unique tea blend is carefully hand-blended with Organic and Fair Trade ingredients. Look for a wide variety of loose tea blends as well as superior grade Matchas https://www.pureblendtea.com
Previously signed tenants include:
- 3rd and Ferry: Easton PA’s acclaimed fish market’s new concept will boast an expansive raw bar with oysters, crab cakes, chowder, lobster rolls, and other New England-Style fare in addition to a full-service bar serving up beer, oyster-friendly wines, cocktails & more http://www.thirdandferry.com/
- Baby Buns: From Top Chef’s Sylva Senat and Philly entrepreneur Uri Pierre-Noel, Baby Buns will serve fries, buns and frosé. Think international flavors turned into American-burger-like sliders
- Bluebird Distilling: Full craft cocktail bar and retail store from Phoenixville, PA’s award-winning, grain-to-glass distillery http://bluebirddistilling.com
- Chaat and Chai: Indian street food concept from Chef/Owner Anney Thomas – a favorite of Craig LaBan, The Philadelphia Inquirer’s food critic, http://chaatandchai.com/index.html
- Chocodiem: Hand-crafted, artisanal Chocolates based on classic Belgian recipes with a flagship location in Easton, PA https://www.chocodiem.com
- Grub House: A South Philly favorite, offering breakfast seven days a week with an all-day-dining menu http://grubhousephilly.com
- Ka’moon: Fast-casual, Halal-prepared Egyptian cuisine from the folks behind The Taza Truck location in Easton, PA www.thetazatruck.com
- Mighty Melt: A collaboration between Philly’s Mighty Bread Company’s Chris DiPiazza and Stargazy’s Sam Jacobson, offering inventive grilled cheese sandwiches crafted from fresh artisan breads with creative flavor pairings
- Olive With A Twist: A gourmet pantry offering a carefully curated selection of the finest cheeses, pâté, charcuterie, olive oils, balsamics, pasta, sauces and more in Easton, PA. www.olivewithatwist.com
- Scoop DeVille: A Philadelphia institution since 1989, Scoop DeVille concocts custom ice cream combinations and includes hundreds of delectable items to create endless unique combinations https://scoopdevilleicecream.com/
- Vera Pasta Co.: West Chester based fast-casual, fresh pasta purveyor, serving made-to-order pasta meals alongside Italian wines and fresh packaged pasta to-go http://www.verapasta.com/
“The Bourse is an amazing building with a rich history of its own that dates to the 1890s on Independence Mall, since before there was an Independence Mall. We are excited to restore and reveal the original architectural charm and detail that The Bourse holds. That has always been my goal for this project. And now with our vision taking shape for the new marketplace, and for the balance of the building, it thrills me to be part of the Old City neighborhood in a bold and thoughtful way.” Said Charles McGrath, Managing Director, MRP Realty
The Bourse is a grand Beaux-Arts building dating back to 1891, when it was founded as the nation’s first commodities exchange. For a behind-the-scenes look into the renovation progress, news from the tenants and more – follow @TheBoursePhilly on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.