SEPTA’s 1st ‘Comprehensive’ iOS App
SEPTA launched their first “comprehensive” iOS app today ! The free iPhone application is now available in Apple’s mobile app store. Highlights include schedule access, real-time location updates, fare prices & more (detailed below). SEPTA’s Director of Emerging / Specialty Technology, Mike Zaleski, highlights the app’s strength in consolidating the mobile site’s features under “one umbrella.” This solidifies SEPTA’s “official presence” in the app store.
Application Features [via SEPTA / Apple] :
1. Next to Arrive
- Point-to-point train schedules
- Real time information for Regional Rail lines.
- Locate bus, trolley, or trackless trolley, & approximate distance from your stop.
- Personal status report for all Regional Rail lines.
- Timetables for every bus, trolley, trackless trolley, high speed line, & regional rail line.
- Find the right fare option to suit your travel needs.
- Link with SEPTA via social media.
- Contact customer service.
- Share feedback.
Additional News & Notes :
SEPTA will release source code.
- Hackers & programmers encouraged to improve the App, or create their own.
Free WiFi is now available at 69th Street Station.
- 1st free WiFi option at a bus, trolley or subway transportation hub.
- Previously offered solely at Regional Rail stops (i.e. 30th st, Market East, Suburban, etc).
Comcast & SEPTA have partnered to offer free WiFi at dozens of stations on Broad Street Line & the EL.
- Set to launch throughout the next 2 years.
Download the free app here, via apple.
- For further information on the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority, visit the SEPTA website.
This is brought to you by Philadelphia Real Estate Blog
To view every Philadelphia Real Estate Listing, including Philadelphia Condos visit www.CenterCityRealEstate.com