Reading Terminal Named Amongst “10 Great Public Spaces” in USA
Philly’s Own Reading Terminal Market Receives Lofty Recognition!
Photo Credit: Back 9 Network
Last Wednesday (October 1st), Philadelphia’s historic Reading Terminal Market gained nationwide recognition as 1 of the United States’ “10 Great Public Spaces.” Designation is curated by the Washington-based American Planning Association, and compiled annually. The APA initially reached out to Reading Terminal this past Spring  to apply for consideration. Recognizers cited “history, function in Philadelphia and the diversity of its food stores & customer base,” as primary reasoning for inclusion. Reading Terminal opened in 1892, and currently houses 76 independently owned retailers.
The 10 Great Public Spaces  :
- Bayliss Park – Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Cliff Walk – Newport, Rhode Island
- Delaware Park – Buffalo, New York
- Great Plains Trails Network – Lincoln, Nebraska
- Lake Mirror Park – Lakeland, Florida
- Lithia Park – Ashland, Oregon
- Point State Park – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Rainier Vista – Seattle, Washington
- Reading Terminal Market – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The Lawn at the University of Virginia – Charlottesville, Virginia
Source: Bob Fernandez, Philly.com
Brought to you by Philadelphia Real Estate Blog.
To view every Philadelphia Real Estate Listing, including Philadelphia Condos visit www.