Is Pennsport Philly’s Most Overlooked Neighborhood? See for Yourself, Here’s 6 Great Opportunities
When it comes to discussing Philadelphia real estate many of the same names consistently pop-up. Places such as Fishtown, Graduate Hospital, E. Passyunk, Rittenhouse and the up-and-coming Point Breeze. However, there are a few pockets of Philadelphia that tend to get overlooked by buyers. Often following the crowds into “trendy” neighborhoods, those looking to buy often neglect to explore other areas. Pennsport which is located east of E. Passyunk and south of Queen Village, is nestled along the 95/Delaware River corridor. Entrenched in deep Philadelphia history, Pennsport also has a lot to offer in terms of dinning and shopping. Here are just a few highlights of Pennsport, one of Philadelphia’s most overlooked neighborhoods.
- The Industry (1401 E Moyamensing Ave)– A staple of Pennsport, this bar serves up fantastic American comfort food and hand-crafted cocktails.
- Gooey Looie’s (231 McClellan St)– Talk about underrated. In the cheesesteak world Gooey Looie’s ranks up there with the best of them. A must try!
- 2nd St. Brew House (1700 S 2nd St.)-Philly is a beer town and this place embodies the growing craft beer trend. With over a dozen beers on tap there’s always something to try!
- Pho Saigon (1100 S Christopher Columbus Blvd.) – Pho has taken the food scene by storm. If you’ve fallen in love with this savory dish, Pho Saigon serves up some of the best!
Located along Philly’s biggest shopping corridor, here you’ll find the following stores just a stones throw away:
- Target, Marshall’s, Old Navy, Walmart, Ikea, Best Buy, 5 Below, Home Depot, Staples, and more!
Pennsport is the birthplace of The Mummers. For over 117 years, The Mummers have been a Philadelphia tradition. Each New Year’s The Mummers march during the New Year’s Day parade culminating with a neighborhood festival in Pennsport along 2nd Street. This unique group has been permanently enshrined at The Mummer’s Museum located in Pennsport.
Looking to Make Pennsport Home? Here are 6 Great Opportunities!
(Refresh the Page to View More Options)