Decor Tips: Maximizing Condo Space
With urbanization on the rise [previously featured], a multitude of baby boomers & millennials find themselves settling in metropolitan areas nationwide. Naturally – supply follows demand. In Philadelphia’s case [via] apartment complex construction, high-rise condo buildings, & multi-use residential development, around the Center City radius of downtown Philly. The implication? Furnishing & decor strategy takes a 180 from spacious, multi-acre suburban dwellings, to the limited square footage allocations associated with condo communities & urban developments. As Gen’s X & Y reestablish their ideal whereabouts, scaling & flexible furnishing take on new levels of aesthetic importance. Take advantage, design accordingly!
Photo Credit: Big City Dick / Flickr
Don’t – Overpay for the “perfect” luxury condo!
- As above mentioned, supply is high.
- Urban development is commonplace in modern Philadelphia.
- Young areas, such as Fishtown & No Libs, attract heaps of new construction annually.
- Better off allocating financials to design direction, than overpaying in an abundant market.
Do – Utilize flexible / multifunctional furnishing options.
- Trending: contemporary, streamlined interior decor approach.
- Highlight “open format” layout strengths.
- Photo Credit: Trulia
- Smaller scale sectionals & modular pieces.
- Photo Credit: Curbed NY
- Maximize available seating in smaller rooms.
- Photo Credit: Arcbazar.com
- Cohesive, timeless & built-to-last.
- Photo Credit: Curbed Philly
Hot on the Market: Philadelphia Condos
- 2,663 sqft. penthouse condo.
- 2B/2b, 2-Car Parking.
- Priced at $750,000.
- Open house: Sunday 11/16, 11am-1pm.
- 1B/1b, 560 sqft. interior.
- 1-Gated parking space.
- Updated appliances.
- Priced at $295,000.
- Perfect for 1st-time buyers!
- 2B/2b, 974 sqft. interior.
- Gated condo community.
- Priced at $369,900.
- Only six years-old!
Explore local condos for sale [anytime!] on The Atacan Group: Condo directory.
Brought to you by Philadelphia Real Estate Blog.
To view every Philadelphia Real Estate Listing, including Philadelphia Condos, visit: CenterCityRealEstate.com.